My mum had to deal with most of the tantrum that my brother and I threw as kids (and still do sometime), and I admire her for all that she put up with. Here are some of the frustrations she mentioned while parenting us:
- Raising two kids almost single handedly since my father was too busy and mostly touring for his work
- Having no time to attend to her self needs
- No time to indulge in her hobbies
- Having almost 0 social life
- Having to decide on the menu so we would eat without complaining- which she thought was the hardest
- Having a hard time to decide who to side when we both fought
- Finding time amidst all this to help us with our home works including subjects that she had been out of touch with for a while
- Feeling extremely sad when her good actions were mistaken and misunderstood by us
- Being blamed for not understanding her kids well enough
- Too much interference from her in-laws and neighbors on how she should raise her kids
- Spending most time in the car driving us back and forth from school, and to all our extracurricular classes
- Always trying to maintain the delicate balance between trying to respect our privacy and at the same time trying to stay in the loop about our activities.
I am sure there is more to add to the list. I would like to hear from all the parents who have either faced or are facing parenting issues, how did you beat the distress?